- This event has passed.
May 12, 2016 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday, May 12 2016 Meeting Announcement
The Morgan County Chamber of Commerce will hold a regular scheduled meeting on Thursday, May 12, 2016 beginning at 11:30 am at the Morgan County Central Schools office on Flat Fork. The meeting will begin promptly at 11:30 as we have a large agenda to cover during this meeting. Lunch will be sponsored by Highland Telephone Cooperative. Our guest speakers are as follows:
- Ron Baker with AirMed services will present Chamber members with a special opportunity.
- Lisa Rutherford will represent Brushy Distillery for a brief update.
- Samantha Collins with Windrock Properties, LLC will present an introduction to Windrock Park.
- Hilary Ford with the UT Extension office will bring us up to date with progress on the Farmers Market for Morgan County.
- Dan Rose, owner of The Crash Pad, a Chattanooga hostel, will present us with a successful business example. Anyone with questions or ideas about running a hostel in Morgan County is invited to stay after the meeting for discussion.
In addition, we will hear from Chamber members that are seeking a position on the Chamber Board of Directors in the upcoming election on July 14, 2016. If you are a current member of the Morgan County Chamber of Commerce as an individual or representative of a company or organization and would like to serve on the Board of Directors, please contact Bridget DeFee at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 423.346.5740. You will need to prepare a brief biography, and be prepared to present during our meeting on May 12, 2016. The following board seats will be on the ballot in July:
Wartburg/Lancing Area (1) Currently held by Alfred Branim who plans to seek re-election
Petros/Joyner/Coalfield Area (1) Currently held by Terry (Bear) Jackson will not seek re-election
Sunbright Area (1) Currently held by Jimmy Taylor who plans to seek re-election
Deer Lodge/Burrville/Rugby/Chestnut Ridge Area (1) Open seat (Jerry Zorch has served his term limit)
Oakdale/Pine Orchard/Mossy Grove area (1) Currently held by Vera Scarbrough who plans seek re-election
Nominations will be taken for each of these areas at our Chamber meeting on May 12, 2016. Per bylaws, director positions must be filled by a member located in the relevant designated areas. If no nomination is made for the specific location then nominations shall be open to the entire membership regardless of location.
The Chamber is moving forward. We are growing and providing value for our businesses and local community. We hope you are enjoying our new website. We will be continuing to enhance with sponsorship opportunities and regularly updated information. Let us know what you think! email@example.com